Thursday, March 15, 2012

-draft-
Rsearch Question: What alternative futures exist in the discourse of S and A?
Using a transformative methodology.
Methods to approach the text: Causal layered analysis (What are S and A's views of reality; What shapes them; who are the unseen agents that "exist" within the discourse?; how do the answers to all of these questions combine to form  alternatives to the metanarrative within the text?);  poststructualist theory (specifically examining the binary oppositions that exist within the discourse); and postcolonial theory (what culture dominates the discourse, and how does this shape possible outcomes of the narrative)
examination of an excerpt:
Excerpt 1
S so how do you think you felt about computers (when you were young- in grade school/middle school).
A I loved it - I loved it because, when I discovered what AOL was - that I could email my friends, put in little pictures, photoshop - all those things - and like chat with people my age - which can be dangerous.  We didn't have a computer, but we had web tv. 
Analysis:

No comments:

Post a Comment